Monday, May 3, 2010

Center of Peace

I walk outside,
Stretch in the early sunshine,
Give thanks for the spring warmth
That has awakened my roses.
I am feeling the oneness with...
     Hey, why can't my neighbor's gardener
     clear the damn leaves without
     the infernal racket of that
     unholy air blowing machine?
I pause,
Catch the rancor of my thought,
Notice that the rose is still bright
And the warbling bird still calls for his mate.
At this, I realize the
Center of Peace must be within me.
Copyright © 2010 Mary Beth Watt. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS. How many times have I felt such anger toward the many mowing men who storm my street. Then I think, 'At least, Dawn, they are focused.' I need some of their focus when it comes to my own journey with writing.

    So thank you for this!!!

    ReplyDelete